Wallbarn distributes a high quality and long lasting geotextile mat. Our geotextile mat range has been designed to be both rot-proof & permeable to water.
Our non-woven, geotextile mat is made from the best quality raw materials and manufactured to the highest standards, which provide uniform and consistent strength throughout the roll, so no weak spots will appear.
A geotextile mat is particularly well suited for use with horticultural solutions. Some of these uses are:
- prevention of weed growth with geotextiles: ‘a weed control fabric’, often by placing a geotextile layer on top of bare soil & then covering it with a mulch
- moisture conservation with geotextiles, again by placing thegeotextile above the soil & applying a mulch above
- a filter layer (e.g. beneath a vegetated roof)
- a weed control layer (e.g. beneath a gravel path)
- Geotextile products also have a wide range of use in conjunction with civil engineering solutions. These can be:
- a geotextile filter-fabric in road construction
- geotextiles prevent drainage systems from clogging with fine particles
- erosion control with geotextiles
- geotextiles are used as soil reinforcement agents & as a filter medium in road construction.
A geotextile mat is a robust synthetic fabric which is ideal for use below garden pond liners to provide excellent levels of protection for the rubber against puncturing from rocks, roots and other soil debris.
Unlike many of its counterparts, a geotextile mat also provides protection against puncture from objects above the liner by limiting how much the liner can stretch under pressure.
When garden pond liners are covered with soil, gravel, rocks or concrete, a geotextile mat should be used both above and below.
If you would like any more information regarding our geotextile mat range or any of our other products, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Currently browsing: Geotextile Mat