Although traditionally more common throughout Europe, green roofs are now seen as a major part of how contractors build and present flat spaces through the use of plants available through ourgreen roof plants list.
At Wallbarn we can help you construct a green roof that will be exactly what you want it to be. A green roof made from plants from our green roof plants list and consisting of various waterproofing and drainage layers topped with soil and plants. The plants chosen from our green roof plants list can either be planted by hand on top of the roof, or you can buy readymade ‘blankets’ of vegetation that you simply roll out.
Green roofs are a great way of providing an attractive, useful, environmentally friendly open space on an otherwise ‘lost’ flat roof or podium deck.
Green roofs have several benefits such as -
- Improving the local environment by providing wildlife habitats
- Improving sound and thermal insulation
- Reducing the “heat island” effect in built up areas and helping to improve air quality and environment
- Protecting the structure and waterproofing systems from UV, impact and abrasion, plant and bird infestation on the membrane
- Ballasting inverted waterproofing systems
- Making the planning process a lot easier
- Increasing the value of the development
There are a range of techniques to help develop a green roof & at Wallbarn we will provide you with advice & materials which will help this development. These include drainage materials, substrates & a choice of plant materials.
For each green roof project, your choice of materials will be governed by different site conditions and your aims and motives. Therefore, if you are planning to build a green roof, it is very important that you have a good understanding of what exactly you are trying to achieve.
If you would like any further information regarding Wallbarn’s green roof plant lists please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Currently browsing: Green Roof Plant Lists