Green roofs and living walls are a great way of providing an attractive, useful, environmentally friendly open space on an otherwise ‘lost’ flat roof or podium deck. They have benefits, some not always considered by developers, including:-
- Improving the local environment by providing wildlife habitats
- Improving sound and thermal insulation
- Reducing the amount and speed of rainwater run-off by around 50% and forming part of a SUDS design
- Reducing the “heat island” effect in built up areas and helping to improve air quality and environment
- Protecting the structure and waterproofing systems from UV, impact and abrasion, plant and bird infestation on the membrane Ballasting inverted waterproofing systems
- Optimising the structural footprint by providing extra space and an attractive natural area in often high density
developments Making the planning process a lot easier Increasing the value of the development
Wallbarn can provide a number of different options for contractors wishing to include living elements on roofs, balconies, podium decks and walls:
Wallbarn offer a range of products to assist with Roof and Terrace Finishes:
|Component Green Or Brown Roof This system is designed for extensive green roofs with a substrate level of between 70mm and 200mm.|
|Modular Green Roof System
These module trays are ideal for the smaller green roof or non professional installer, as they come as complete readygrown units and are very simple and easy to fix.
Offering all the advantages of green roofs in terms of added value, water attenuation and insulation.