With continuing research and development, a sedum green roof system is now more attractive, durable and cost-effective than ever.
Introducing the M-Tray® modular green roofing system
The M-Tray® is a ready-grown, fully-established sedum or wildflower green roof modular solution offering a variety of unique benefits, including:
- Our M-Tray® green roof system consists of specially-designed modular trays containing superior, engineered substrate and fully established flowering sedum
- Easy-to-carry trays which click together to form a seamless green roof
- Fully established sedum plants nurtured from seed at our own UK nurseries
Why Choose a Sedum Green Roof System?
Our sedum green roof system provides an environmentally-friendly, sustainable living wall system for design and construction professionals. Our high-quality team of technicians can achieve environmentally-friendly, sustainable solutions guaranteed to deliver cost-effective benefits.
Not only do these systems offer design solutions for awkward urban spaces, but they also add beautiful flora and fauna, colour and biodiversity to buildings and city centres.
Our systems combine great design scope with key ecological and performance benefits:
- Creates habitat for birds and insects, increasing biodiversity
- Acts as an effective soundproofing barrier
- Helps regulate the building temperature
- Air purification – plants are efficient filters of pollution
- Easy installation
- Ideal for retrofitting or refurbishment projects.
- Delivers instant greening of a roof with sedums and other species able to flourish in our climate.
- Cost-effective solution.
Huge Variety of Options
The horticultural options are vast. Sedum, exotic grasses, ferns, ivy and herbs are the most common plants used. We aim to get a fair mixture of vegetation to ensure a diverse mix of textures, colours and flowers across the year.
We design the planting so that shade-loving plants are respected, nothing gets overrun by aggressive species, those requiring higher or lower amounts of water and additional feed are planted in the correct place, and an overall pattern is attractive, both close up and from a wider viewpoint.
As well as the sedum trays, Wallbarn plants up a wildflower mix into the M-Tray®.
A varied mix of at least six different native species has been selected. All these flowers and herbs are low growing, hardy species, chosen to be pollinators for butterflies and bees.
Bespoke options are available.
For more on the M-Tray®, please click here.