Fixed Height Pedestals
Specially designed for areas with restricted height thresholds to raise paving or decking off the surface
- Cost-effective entry-level support pads
- Separate paving and decking from the base structure
- Improve drainage
- Protect surface beneath
- Avoid need for sand and cement
- Easy maintenance – slabs can be removed for inspection or repair
- Fast & easy installation
- 5mm, 7mm and 9mm pads
- 14mm & 17mm pads
Use these durable PVC discs to lift paving slabs or timber decking off waterproofing
- Solid circular discs made from PVC with a smooth finish
- Hard-wearing, non-slip profile
- Creates separation layer with deck
- Offers acoustic properties
- Will not become brittle in cold weather
- Separate cross spacer available
- hard-wearing PVC pad
- includes integrated spacing lugs
- ideal for retro-fit projects and areas with very low height thresholds
- the upper surface of the pad contains drainage channels which run out to the edges of the disc
- integrated headpiece for either paving or decking
Paving: plastic positioning lugs ensure that slabs are clearly separated from each other, with regular spacing between them, and are held securely in place
Decking: special timber decking headpiece has sidebars 60mm apart, meaning a standard 2” / 50mm wide timber joist can be placed between the bars. The joists will form a framework structure for the decking system and the decking planks are fixed to that framework. An alternative decking headpiece (TD Plus) is available.
The product comes in two parts supplied together: the PVC disc and the positioning lug (available for either paving or timber decking).
Circular pads manufactured from high quality synthetic rubber
- extremely tough and flexible
- easy to cut
- weight tolerance of 8 tonnes
- sound and vibration insulation
- 4 x lugs on upper surface to provide regular spacing between paving slabs
- grooves allow drainage below the paving into appropriate drainage outlets
- rubber compound ensures pads will not slip on the surface beneath when being installed
- for paving or decking installations
14mm & 17mm pads
Ideal for paving and timber decking on more straightforward decks.
- gives a uniform, attractive finish
- manufactured from injection-moulded HDPE
- saves considerable installation time
- eliminates the need for bedding paving slabs into mortar, reducing mess, waste and hassle
- very tough – weight tolerance of 1,000kg per pad
- reduces weight on roof
Paving up to walls
Our fixed height pads are made in four quadrants joined together with a small link and can be snapped apart to produce segments of a half or a quarter. This helps:
- paving around corners and at the end of runs
- eliminate wastage and give a tidy finish to details, including when paving
- flush up to walls and parapets
- accommodate irregular shapes and slab sizes
Further adjustments can be made with shims, which fit onto both rubber and plastic support pads.
Plastic shims for placing on the upper side of the support pads come in thicknesses of 1mm, 2mm and 3mm.
Please look at our page on shims here.
We also offer a wedge-shaped adjustable shim / slope corrector for laying under the support pad. With an adjustable range of 3mm to 8mm, these rubber shims can be used to take out any slope and achieve a flat upper surface.
We have created a number of helpful How To videos providing guidance on unpacking, assembling and installing our pedestalsVideo: how to install paving pedestals
|HEIGHT||5MM||7MM||9MM||14MM & 17MM|
|THICKNESS OF LUGS||N/A||Various||5mm||4mm|
|TEMPERATURE TOLERANCE||-40°C to +75°C|
7mm PVC Pads
7mm PVC Paving Pads
9mm PVC Pads
14m PVC Pads
17mm PVC Pads
- 1mm, 2mm & 3mm plastic shims (pictured top left)
- 2mm rubber shims (see bottom right)
- 3-8mm wedges (see top right)
- Cross spacers
Where the deck is not entirely level, our levelling shims allow for fine adjustment.
Placed on the upper side of the support pads, our 1mm, 2mm and 3mm thick plastic shims can be snapped into quarters or halves, where only one side of the support pad needs height alteration.
Further adjustments can be made using shims, which can both fit onto either the rubber or plastic support pads. Plastic shims for placing on the upper side of the support pads come in thicknesses of 1mm, 2mm and 3mm.
We also offer a wedge shaped adjustable shim / slope corrector for laying under the support pad.
Adjustable in height from 3mm to 8mm thick, these rubber shims can be used singly – to take out any slope and achieve a flat upper surface – or stacked on top of one another (as shown below) and slid towards or apart from each other using the height markers. This can increase the height by up to 11mm.
Speak to one of our team for further guidance.