A residential customer recently installed a garden storage unit and wanted to make it more attractive by giving it a green roof. The M-Tray®, being modular in shape and incredibly easy to install, lent itself perfectly to the job.
Providing Easy Access
The green roof components needed to be walked through the house to access the garden. Traditional roll-out green roof systems, with their bags of aggregate-based substrate and sedum blankets spilling compost and plant matter, are extremely messy to transport and install.
The M-Tray® is self-contained within the walls of the plastic tray and comes with fully established, sustainable vegetation.
For more on this recent installation, please click here.
Taking A Closer Look At The M-Tray®
Our M-Tray® modular green roofing system has been further improved to make sedum roofs easier to install with less disruption to both the plants and the structure. M-Tray® is also
designed to give a more seamless, verdant finish and an instant green roof.
Wallbarn is at the forefront of developments in the green roofing sector and has always provided products that combine top-quality ingredients with user-friendly, hassle-free maintenance. The purpose of M-Tray® is to enhance rooftop living.
The new and improved M-Tray offers a range of key advantages with advances made in the design of the new M-Tray® model including:
- deeper cavities for extra root growth
- optimum drainage leading to stronger plant growth
- more established vegetation at a point of installation
- more efficient transport and packaging
- exactly 4 units per m2
- easier to carry trays with smooth handles
- a closer connection between trays for more seamless plant growth
- no sharp edges, less risk to the membrane
- nothing spills out, less mess
- made from recycled plastic with a recycled substrate
- less packaging, less waste
- UK designed and manufactured in the UK
For more information, please visit the dedicated area of our website by clicking here.
Wallbarn’s friendly and helpful team are here to answer any of your questions. Please give us a call on Tel. No. 0208 916 2222, send us an e-mail or use our ‘live chat’ option and we will be happy to help in any way that we can.