The concept of the modular green roof is an extension of the standard green roof & at Wallbarn, we specialise in the manufacture and supply of top quality materials that will help you produce a wonderful modular green roof.
Why Do I Want A Modular Green Roof?
Apart from how attractive modular green roofs can look at the seasons’ change, there are other reasons why green roofs are becoming increasingly popular:-
- The environmental benefits, wildlife, carbon footprint, sustainability etc
- Building performance enhancements
Our modular green roof module trays are designed with smaller areas & non-professional installers in mind.
Creating An Instant Green Roof
Our M-Tray® green roof system consists of specially-designed modular trays containing superior, engineered substrate and fully established flowering sedum
- M-Trays® are designed to click together forming a single verdant surface
- Once trays are connected they start to blend straight away, forming a seamless layer of vegetation
- Modular M-Trays® can be easily lifted out giving access to the deck without disruption to the rest of the roof
We supply these as pre-grown units that are very easy to install.
To ensure that any modular green roof supplied by us is as easy to install as possible, the modules are stacked together enabling clean & fast delivery.
The period after installation is absolutely crucial & because our modules are already strong, healthy & well established they are subject to a much smaller risk of wind uplift or erosion in the immediate period after they have been installed.
Another positive of our modules is that if you have any problems with the deck beneath, individual sections can be removed with minimal disruption to the rest of the module.
For more information on the M-Tray® modular green roof solution from Wallbarn, please click here.