Tropical Hardwood tiles for suspended decking solutions on flat roofs, terraces and walkways.
Natural, Attractive Finish of Timber Decking
By using suspended Wallbarn Timber Paving Tiles, installers combine the natural, attractive finish of timber decking with the speed and ease of laying paving slabs.
Traditionally laying timber decking directly onto these deck surfaces led to additional costs of employing specialist carpenters. Laying timber joists directly onto the waterproofing membrane also risked damage over time. Wallbarn Timber Paving Tiles offer the ideal solution. The weight of the tile will hold the system in place.
This suspended system avoids having to fix anything onto the deck and lifts all the timber away from any standing water, avoiding the dangers of a slippery surface.
As everything is free-standing, the tiles can be taken up and replaced without disrupting the whole area, should the deck need to be inspected. Unsightly items such as drainage outlets, cables and pipes can be hidden beneath the tiles and accessed easily.
Why suspend your tiles on pedestals?
- Four positioning lugs on each pedestal give tiling line for uniform placement
- Tiles kept out of standing water avoiding slippery surfaces and wood rot
- Suitable for any type of flat roof design or membrane
- Can be used in conjunction with concrete slabs or natural stone
- Can be laid in a straight line or a “chessboard” pattern, subject to taste
We also supply FSC® certified timber as we have FSC® Chain of Custody (speak to the rep)
Achieving Stunning Finishes
Stunning finishes can be achieved. The tiles can be laid in a straight line pattern or in a “chessboard” style, depending on the client’s wishes. We have a range of different timber available sourced from South America, chosen for their beauty and durability including Ipe and Cumaru. We can also supply FSC® certified timber as we have FSC® Chain of Custody (please speak to your Wallbarn representative).
- An ultra-low height threshold solution for the decking on flat roofs and terraces, these tiles are only 30mm thick
- Combine the natural beauty of tropical hardwood with the speed and ease of laying paving slabs onto a structural surface
- A long-lasting, attractive decking surface suitable for the British climate
- Durable hardwood will last over 15 years
- No specialist carpentry required
- Pre-formed tiles are easy to cut for detailing
- Avoid the risk of damage by laying the joist directly onto your membrane
Informed Advice Available
Wallbarn can advise and assist on all aspects of scoping, installing and maintaining your decking project.
Contact us today for details.