Wallbarn is a family run business supplying specialised construction materials to the roofing, structural waterproofing and landscaping sectors.
Products include support systems for paving and decking, drainage and protection layers, an exciting new green roof system and premium decking solutions.
This is an opportunity to work for and promote an established and growing business with an unrivalled reputation for impeccable service.
You will be selling Wallbarn’s entire product range to a variety of B2B customers including contractors, merchants and developers.
The role will focus on engaging both new and existing customers in the construction industry and converting them into repeat purchasers of Wallbarn products. You will be supported by your team and by management, with clear targets, regular reporting, robust systems and processes as well as great marketing material, not to mention a range of products already well-known in the industry.
Personal development is taken very seriously with on the job training complemented by regular employee reviews. Everyone is expected to challenge how we do things and share their experiences with the team.
- Prospecting & approaching new customers
- Handling incoming sales calls and answering basic technical queries
- Processing customer orders, liaising with fulfilment team
- Occasionally assisting warehousing team to ensure deliveries go out
- Meeting and presenting to customers in person
- Account managing existing customers and keeping CRM system up to date
- Supporting marketing efforts including attending trade shows
- Developing and growing own customer/revenue base
- Hard working and highly organised
- Self-starter with bags of initiative
- Enthusiastic team player
- Resilient, adaptable and results-focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to think strategically as well as on their feet
- Able to absorb technical information
- Proven track record of direct sales
- Strong IT skills:
- Office suite e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel (essential)
- SAGE accounting software (desirable)
- ACT! CRM software (desirable)
- AutoCAD software (familiarity helpful)
- Knowledge of the construction industry a distinct advantage
- Experience of online industry platforms an advantage e.g. Barbour ABI, RIBA / NBS, BIM
Job type: Full time
Location: South Croydon CR2
Package: Competitive salary, annual holiday allowance and pension contribution.
If you feel you meet the above criteria please send your CV accompanied by a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org